Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Summer of Color Blog Challenge

"Color is the keyboard, the eyes are the hammers, the soul is the piano with it's many chords. The artist is the hand that, by touching this or that key, sets the soul vibrating automatically."
- Wassily Kandinsky
I have to agree with the quote...if there is one thing that inspires me most, it's color.  That's why I was so excited to join the new blog challenge by Kristin of Twinkle Twinkle.  "The Color of Summer" is a 10-week color challenge...here's the info from Kristin's blog:
"Beginning today - and every Monday throughout the event - we will focus on and create art based upon the beautiful, bold and luscious colors of the rainbow. We will work in our preferred medium exploring color and share what we produce here. We will link our work using the widget on the bottom of each Summer of Color post and, for those who participate, leave a comment to be entered in a weekly giveaway.  The purpose of the event is to emerge ourselves into the world of color:  playing, experimenting, and learning from one another throughout the lazy days of summer."
 Any medium is acceptable, so you can create anything you desire!  Each week Kristin will announce the color of the week...the color for this coming week and to be posted next week Monday, is blue.
For more info about the color challenge and how to join, click on the link here:
 

Deciding how I want to participate is the most difficult decision...art journaling?  Well, as quickly as I get a page done, I'd probably get the blue challenge completed and that's it...not that I wouldn't intend to complete each challenge, but I'm so busy with school and getting an online workshop ready...uuummm...what to do, what to do...okay, the best way for me to participate is creating something I love to do and that doesn't take a great deal of time, AND is very enjoyable for me...so I will create a little art quilt each week...rather simple, and using my favorite motif...doll dresses...whenever I need a little art therapy, especially if the headache makes me wish my head would explode and be done with it already, I love to pull out some fabric and embroidery floss or perle cotton, and do some hand-stitching...like this pile waiting to be completed...



This is going to be great fun, and I can't wait to see all the different art forms that will be created during this funtastic art challenge!  Please join us!


As always, thanks for stopping by!
 
Hugs and Toodles!
 
 



No comments: